Personalized cosmetics are always better for the skin than chemical cosmetics because the individual knows what’s in it and she can also avoid putting chemicals, making it organic and natural for better skin care.
Individuals can make eye makeup remover, hairspray, lip scrub, body wash and many more cosmetics at home for their daily use to avoid the severe side effects of toxic cosmetics.
Home-made recipes can be made super versatile, super nourishing and can be extremely simple with skin essential oils to suit individual needs. It is a known fact that most cosmetics are pricey because of the high marketing budget of brands while the production cost of the product is pretty low. DIY cosmetic recipes cost a fraction of money as compared to the original branded product, but requires much more efforts than just buying it.
The following are some of the essential oils that can be mixed for further nourishment as per individual needs:
- Rose and Geranium for dry or aging skin
- Lavender, grapefruit and lemon to make the skin energized and fresh
- Helichrysum, lavender, chamomile, rose, frankincense or jasmine for psoriasis or eczema suffers
- Helichrysum, patchouli, geranium, lavender and neroli to avoid stretch marks
Ingredients and Method
The following is the list of ingredients required (may vary as per different individual demands) and the process of making a nourishing hand and body Shea Butter cream:
- 1/8 cup of Cocoa butter
- 1/8 cup of Raw African Shea Butter
- ¼ cup of Coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp of liquid oil like Sweet Almond, Jojoba et-cetera
- 1 Tbsp of Aloe Vera juice
- 5-10 drops of essential oils as per individual demands
- The individual needs to heat the Coconut oil, African Shea butter, Cocoa butter over low heat until it all melts.
- The mixture needs to be removed from the heat then.
- Then, Aloe Vera juice, essential oils, liquid oil is added to the mixture and stirred properly.
- The cream is complete and can be stored in any containers for use.
- Apply and enjoy a nourishing & moisturizing skin.
Some Important Points
The cream needs to be used within 3 days if no preservatives are added to it. The use of essential oils needs to be specific because it adds fragrance as well as other benefits, but the pungent smell can also be irritating for regular use. The recipe is extremely versatile i.e. the measurements of the ingredients can be changed as per choice of the individual. The quantity shall be small to avoid the cream going bad (no need of preservatives then). The end product is liquefied because of the Shea Butter .
It is both, a hard lotion and a smooth lotion; making it non-greasy, smell great, versatile (flexible ingredients) and super easy to make (as proved above). It is solid at room temperature, but quickly softens up in hands, even in chilly homes.
Uses & Benefits
There are many uses and benefits of this home-made cream-cum-lotion, such as:
- Reduces inflammation
- Smoothens skin
- Perfect Baby care product
- Can be used as a sunscreen
- On sore nose
- Can be used at every part of the skin because of its moisturizing and non-greasy benefits
- Helps to prevent skin aging
Homemade recipes require efforts but are really good for the skin. Small batches can be made to avoid the use of preservatives and the versatility of recipes allow individuals to change the ingredients as per their choice and make different types of skin care products to nourish & moisturize the skin.